Comments help keep the blog alive! Scroll down to the bottom of every post and click on comments.

Friday, July 27, 2012

A narrative by Kory

The Missing Olympic Games Ticket
One month ago I was watching TV when suddenly the person on TV announced that I had won an Olympic ticket.
I had to enter all my details before five days so I did and I got the Olympic ticket. I jumped with joy and ran to my family. While I was running a huge wind blew the Olympic ticket somewhere.
I was so sad that I almost gave up.
I told to myself, Don’t give up Kory.’’
I was looking for the Olympic ticket for one hour but it was no use so I gave up. My family and I would not be able to go to the Olympics.
The next day, dad was cleaning the garden when he found the ticket buried in some sand, so he gave the ticket to me.
Thankfully we went to the Olympics and my favourite athlete won.
By Kory

Text type: Narrative
Purpose: to entertain the reader
Audience: year three and visitors
The Missing Olympic Ticket
Last week all of the town was gathered in the Town Hall. We were all anxious to know who were the ten winners who had won a ticket to the London Olympics.

The first winner was Tarlin, the second winner was Brian.
After eight more I realized all the winners were my friends.

The ticket was sparkling gold and the letters were printed in silver.

That evening as we ran home dad read the ticket aloud. It said: “You must take your family. Airfare will be included.” Then he gave it back to me.

As I raced to the car the ticket was blown out of my hands with a strong wind. I was devastated. Sadly I entered the car and we drove home.

When we arrived I was so contented the ticket was stuck on the swing set. “YIPIIIII!” I bellowed at the top of my lungs.
I was so pleased that the ticket was back in my hands.

By Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great narrative Brian

by michael

Post a Comment